BCDAC, Inc. Funded Prevention EffortsBCDAC, Inc. funds a variety of primary prevention activities and programs, as well as overdose prevention efforts, including:
- School-based evidence-based prevention programs - such as Botvin Life Skills and Too Good For Drugs & Violence, and other alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) presentations and programs.
- Community-based programs - evidence-based curricula for youth in after-school and community settings, as well as educational programs for adults and older adults.
- Student Assistance Program - designed to assist school personnel in identifying issues including alcohol, tobacco, other drugs and mental health issues which pose a barrier to a student’s success. The primary goal of the Student Assistance Program (SAP) is to help students overcome these barriers in order that they may achieve, remain in school and advance.
- Medication Take Back Program - promotion of the permanent medication collection boxes throughout Bucks County, as well as the promotion and coordination of two semi-annual take back days to collect unwanted, unused, expired medications.
- Community Narcan Trainings - Narcan trainings for community members are offered throughout Bucks County several times a year.
- Narcan Distribution - Physical distancing and isolation due to the COVID-19 Pandemic Crisis has resulted in some new challenges in respect to people using alone or isolated in their homes. That’s where Prevention Point Pittsburgh's mail-based Narcan program comes in. Anyone in Pennsylvania can sign up online and have the medication delivered directly to their homes.
Current BCDAC, Inc. Campaigns
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders - Understanding how to prevent, identify and treat FASD is crucial to individuals, families and society. BCDAC, Inc. funds The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania, Inc. to provide resources and trainings in Bucks County.
- Up and Away Campaign - By promoting messages of safe storage of medications, we can help reduce the number of accidental exposures, youth rates of prescription drug recreational use and overdose deaths in Bucks County.
- Vaping Prevention Campaign - In Bucks County, 69.1% of 6th grade students responded, “I don’t know” to what substances they are vaping, and 37.2% of 12th grade students responded they had used e-cigarettes/vaped in the past 30 days.
BCDAC, Inc. Prevention ProvidersAll BCDAC, Inc. funded programming can be offered at no charge to a school, agency or group. Click here for a list of BCDAC, Inc. Prevention providers.