Up and Away Campaign
Safe medication storage and disposal are essential in helping to protect children and young people from becoming accidentally exposed to potentially dangerous medications and decreasing the risk of diversion. Approximately 60,000 young children are brought to the emergency room each year because they got into medicines that were left within reach.
By promoting messages of safe storage of medications, we can help reduce the number of accidental exposures, youth rates of prescription drug recreational use and overdose deaths in Bucks County.
Keep your children safe:
- Pick a place your children cannot reach.
- Put medicines up and away after each use.
- Make sure the safety cap is locked.
- Teach your children about medicine safety.
- Tell guests about medicine safety.
- Be prepared in case of an emergency. Save the Poison Help Number (800-222-1222) in all of your phones.
How to Store Medicines Safely
Parent Tip Sheet | Grandparent Tip Sheet | Travel Tip Sheet | Medicine or Candy?
Up and Away and Out of Sight Educational Program
Up & Away is an initiative of PROTECT in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).