An intake/baseline GPRA needs to be completed when an individual is seeking treatment and after completing the Level of Care Assessment, and the individual has been diagnosed with and Opioid Use Disorder and/or Stimulant Use Disorder (Including Cocaine) or has a history of Opioid Use Disorder and/or Stimulant Use Disorder (Including Cocaine), and the individual has been admitted into treatment (except level 4 or 4WM).
- A GPRA Script for providers was created for Case Management/Assessment staff to help them introduce the GPRA Series to individuals when they are completing the intake GPRA. Please click here to download the script.
- A GPRA Client Brochure was created to hand to the client at the time the intake GPRA is completed. The Client brochure remind the individual the provider will be reaching out in 5 months to complete the Follow Up interview. Click here to download the GPRA Client Brochure.
- View BCDAC, Inc.'s GPRA policy for guidance on the requirements for completing the intake/baseline, 6 month follow up and discharge GPRA.
GPRA Update as of 12/4/2023 The new GPRA tool is now available and ready for SCAs and providers to use in PA WITS. Each Single County Authority (SCA) may have a different process for the transition back into PA WITS, but our office wanted to highlight our timeline and expectations for our contracted providers.
Starting at 12:00 am EST on Friday, December 1st, 2023, contracted providers will discontinue inputting all intake/baseline and discharges GPRA's in the BCDAC, Inc. REDCap Database link and will input all intake/baseline and discharge GPRA's into PA WITS (Includes Intake/Baseline GPRAs, administrative discharge GPRAs, and completed discharge GPRAs).
Our office will close the BCDAC, Inc. REDCap Database link on 11:59 pm EST on November 30th at 11:59 pm. Please follow this link to review the GPRA Training Video.
All previous protocols will remain with our GPRA process:
- Timeframes for completing intake and 6-month follow-up
- GPRAs consist of an intake, 6-month, and discharge GPRA
- Protocols for completing an administrative follow-up and discharge will remain the same as the previous tool
- GPRA interviews are required for individuals currently using opiates or stimulants (including Cocaine) or who have a history of using opiates and stimulants (Including Cocaine).
- Our office will input the back log of GPRAs stored in the BCDAC, Inc. REDCap Database and continue to complete all the follow-up GPRA interviews.
Payments for WITS/GPRA Input
BCDAC, Inc, is reimbursing providers $75 one time per individual for completion and input of the initial GPRA interview. Contracts have been amended to include Case Management Service rates and will be sent out to all providers. These additional SOR III case management funds are time-limited and only available until 9-29-2024. Funds are on a first come first served basis. Our office will confirm the GPRA Intake/Baseline interview was completed before reimbursing any provider.
Funding to Increase the GPRA Compliance Rate
BCDAC, Inc. will provide a $30 electronic gift card for individuals who complete the GPRA Follow Up interview. Individuals will not receive the gift card if they do not complete the interview and the gift card can only be received one time per individual. Our office will confirm the GPRA Follow Up was completed before approving or sending any gift cards to individuals who completed the interviews. Case Management Services are Rates for reimbursement have been added to the contracts and amended contracts have been sent out to all providers. These additional SOR case management funds are time-limited and only available until 9-29-2024.
A GPRA Client Brochure was created to hand to the client at the time the intake GPRA is completed. The Client brochure reminds the individual the provider will be reaching out in 5 months to complete the Follow Up GPRA and if the interview is completed, they will receive a $30 gift card. Click here to download the GPRA Client Brochure.