When is my agency's Corrective Action Plan due?
Responses to your agency’s Corrective Action Plan (CAP) are due within 15 business days upon receipt of the CAP.
What should my agency include in its Corrective Action Plan?
Responses to each item outlined within the Corrective Action Plan (CAP) should thoroughly address the issue identified, and provide concrete and specific action to be taken to resolve the issue and prevent reoccurrence in the future.
Tips for Writing a Corrective Action Plan
- Ensure the plan of action describes how the agency will correct the deficiency
- Include a description of how or what steps the agency will take to ensure the issue does not recur in the future
- If it is a repeat finding, please address the reason for this in your plan of action
- Be sure to specify who, by job title, is responsible for ensuring the corrective action is implemented
- Include the date when the corrective action(s) will be completed
- Make sure to set a reasonable or realistic time frame for correcting the deficiency
- The plan of action should appropriately and/or completely address the deficiency
When will we get a response regarding my agency's visit?
BCDAC, Inc. will forward a final report your agency within 30 days of the visit. This will include a follow up letter, Provider Monitoring Summary Sheet, and if necessary, a Corrective Action Plan (CAP). If your agency receives a CAP, they should submit a response to BCDAC, Inc. within 15 business days of receipt. In turn, BCDAC, Inc. will reply to your agency’s CAP response within 15 business days of receipt.