Bucks County, Pennsylvania, Official Website

Collegiate Recovery Programs

Universities and colleges across the nation are leading the way in supporting students in recovery from addiction. Each university or college listed below incorporates recovery on their campus in a way that is unique to their population and culture. 

Click here to view the Association of Recovery in Higher Education (ARHE)'s Collegiate Recovery Directory.

Bucks County Community College
The Bucks Collegiate Recovery Program (CRP) supports students affected by substance use disorders. They offer a safe, sober and confidential environment to connect with peers and CRP staff. If this program sounds like a fit for you or someone you know, email collegiaterecovery@bucks.edu or call 215-504-8682/215-968-8138. 

Holy Family University
Holy Family University's Collegiate Recovery Program (CRP) supports students who are impacted by addiction. Specifically, the CRP supports students who are experiencing addiction, believe they may have an addiction, are in recovery, or have someone in their lives with addiction. If you believe this program may be for you or someone you know, contact Dr. Patrick McElwaine, Program Director, at pmcelwaine@holyfamily.edu.

Northampton Community College
Northampton Community College's CRP is a group of students all in recovery from substance use disorders who support each other in their academic and recovery endeavors. For more information, email recovery@northampton.edu

Penn State University
The Penn State Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) is a program of Student Affairs that supports students in recovery from alcohol and other substance use disorders by providing ongoing support for major lifestyle changes, a commitment to help students in recovery find success at Penn State, and a community that reinforces healthy and sustainable habits of mind, body, and spirit. If you believe this program may be for you or someone you know, email jxw411@psu.edu or call 814-863-0140.

Rutgers University
Rutgers University is proud to offer on-campus housing dedicated to students in recovery from alcohol and/or drug dependence. The Rutgers Recovery House, a 12-month, on-campus housing option, offers students the opportunity to have a fulfilling residential college experience living within a supportive community with other students in recovery. Residents receive recovery support from the ADAP counselors, as well as academic and career support. For more information, email recoveryhouse@rutgers.edu.

Saint Joseph's University
The Recovery Residence at Hogan Hall is a unique residential opportunity for Saint Joseph’s students in active recovery to live in a supportive community environment, all while maintaining their academic life on Hawk Hill. This innovative effort is the first-of-its-kind in the Philadelphia region and serves as the centerpiece of Saint Joseph’s collegiate recovery program, offering support for every facet of a student’s residential experience. Current and prospective students should email recovery@sju.edu to express interest in the Collegiate Recovery Program and/or Recovery Residence.

Temple University
Temple's Collegiate Recovery Program is a supportive environment open to people who are in long-term recovery, people in active use seeking recovery and allies of recovery. Email TUCRP@temple.edu for more information.

Ursinus College
The number of students in recovery are growing nationally and at Ursinus College. Our efforts to support students in recovery are growing as well. If you are a student in recovery, there are many options on campus and off campus for you to connect with like-minded peers and get support. For more information, email Karen Miller.