DDAP Licensure Process

Treatment Services Licensure
Anyone wishing to be a provider of substance use disorder (SUD) treatment services is asked to complete the Request for Licensing Application Packet to request a packet for the level of care in which services will be provided. Once this packet is requested, you will receive an email and a phone call from DDAP licensing staff to begin the process of becoming licensed. 

Recovery House Licensure
Entities wishing to be a licensed recovery house, must apply online at Initial Provider Application Login (pa.gov), which can be located on the DDAP Recovery House page. Once the recovery house online application is submitted, DDAP staff will review the application and send an email requesting any corrections or providing information regarding the next steps.   

DDAP licensing staff will always:

  • Schedule an appointment in advance for an initial licensure inspection.
  • Send an email from a state-assigned email address including “@pa.gov” with attached information to be completed prior to the scheduled initial licensure inspection.
  • Call several days before the scheduled appointment to confirm the appointment, discuss the process, and answer any questions.
  • Arrive with Pennsylvania State Employee Identification.
  • Give you their business card with the official DDAP logo and contact information.

If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact the Licensing Bureau at (717)783-8675 or ra-licensuredivision@pa.gov.