Drug Free Workplace PA is a non-profit organization established to help Pennsylvania businesses create and implement drug free workplace programs and educate ALL Pennsylvanians on the dangers of drug abuse at no cost. For more information, call 717-454-3100.
- Substances Signs and Symptoms
- Drug Free Workplace PA On-Site Trainings
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Anything Through L.O.V.E.
Acknowledging the reality of opioid misuse in the workplace is a productive step for any business, and a benefit to every community. To help address the issue, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) partnered with Discovery Education to create Operation Prevention – an award-winning, nationwide program educating students, families, and professionals about the science behind addiction while promoting lifesaving discussions in the home, classroom, and workplace.
A new interactive four-part workplace module series builds on the success of Operation Prevention in homes and schools by providing workplaces across the United States with no-cost, self-paced resources focused on treatment seeking activities, resource location, effective communication, and more. Through these engaging lessons, which are about 15 minutes each, users will get to explore issues surrounding opioid misuse and prevention.
- The Opioid Epidemic - Learn the basics of what opioids are, while discovering the origins of the epidemic and how it has evolved.
- The Science of Opioids - Explore the science of opioids, including their impacts on the brain/body, plus practical ways of preventing dependency.
- The Reality of Opioids - Discover the affects opioids have on communities, and learn methods for supporting those who have been directly impacted.
- The Power of Prevention - Learn the simple power of prevention.
1 in 3 people is affected by addiction or mental health issues. Just Five delivers – in just five minutes per lesson - the most important concepts and facts regarding addiction. Learn who’s at risk, how to know if a person has a substance use disorder, and more. Invest just five minutes to better understand this illness.
Use of the Just Five website is completely confidential and voluntary, and no personal information regarding utilization of the program is shared. It can be accessed virtually from anywhere at any time with no registration required. The program is also available in English and Spanish and accessible for individuals with visual and/or hearing impairments.