Who can participate?
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Bucks County resident
- Individuals who have violated probation and are facing possible prison in a state facility or who are considered “pretrial;” post-plea, pre-sentence offenders with a diagnosis of a substance use disorder or a co-occurring disorder
- No violent offenses
For participants who are probation/parole violators, successful completion of Drug Court may result in the reduction or termination of any remaining supervision. For participants in the pretrial program, after entering a plea of guilty, sentencing will be deferred pending completion of the Drug Court program.
Upon successful completion of the Drug Court - including the payment of fines, costs and restitution - the participant’s charges may be reduced, and the participant may be sentenced to non-reporting or administrative probation.
how does drug court work?
The Bucks County Drug Court Program is based on four phases, which may be completed within 1 to 3 years. To successfully complete the program, participants must:
- complete 4 phases of the program of each phase including remaining drug-free, alcohol-free and arrest-free
- comply with random urine drug screens
- maintain full-time employment or other approved use of time
- maintain adequate housing
- successfully complete treatment
- establish an aftercare plan
- obtain a GED
- pay court costs, fines and restitution in full
Click here to download the application, which should be completed and directed to Warren R. Grant via email, fax or mail:
Mail: Bucks County Adult Probation and Parole
Attn. Warren R. Grant
30 East Court Street, 2nd Floor
Doylestown, PA 18901