Bucks County, Pennsylvania, Official Website


Housing for those impacted by substance use disorder provides a structured living environment and helps to promote accountability, responsibility and overall commitment to the recovery process.

Click the links to learn more:

house icon

Halfway House
A halfway house is a licensed residential treatment program for individuals who are in need of a more structured environment that provides the opportunity to learn sober living skills, such as working while receiving therapeutic interventions.

house icon

Transitional House
A transitional house offers a structured living environment for individuals in early recovery where staff helps oversee and support the residents. Rent is paid by the resident.

house icon

Recovery House
A recovery house is a self-pay group home for individuals who are seeking a drug and alcohol-free, structured environment where he/she can learn recovery and living skills to support long term recovery. Recovery houses are self-pay and are not licensed treatment facilities. Most individuals living in recovery homes are in early recovery, under 12 months.

Find a Licensed Recovery House

DDAP began enforcing the recovery house licensing requirement on June 9, 2022. Details about recovery house licensing, including a link to the published regulations in the Pennsylvania Code & Bulletin, can be found here.

Names, locations, and additional details about each DDAP-licensed recovery house in Pennsylvania are regularly updated here. You can select “Recovery House” under the Facility Type Search drop-down on the left-hand panel, and narrow your search by location if desired.

house icon

Sober House
Once individuals feel they have an established recovery support system, they can choose to live in a sober house. A sober house is a self-pay drug and alcohol-free environment which has less structure than a recovery house.